Sunday, June 1, 2008

My Life As A Failed Electronic Artist



Here's something you may not know about me... I make music. Well, occasionally I make music... if you can call it that. Or to put it more accurately, I arrange downloaded loops and royalty-free beats with my computer, layer them together until they form a coherent sound, and, well, that's about it. In essence, I am exactly like Moby, except for the fact that he is much better at stealing other people's musc and making it his own than I am. And the fact that he's bald and gay.

I started dabbling in this sort of thing so I wouldn't have to pay other people thousands of dollars to score my movies. I actually made a whole CD of music for the "Transmissions 2.0" short film compilation (which will be released God-knows-when), and that's what you're listening to right now.

One thing you will notice about this music is that it is not very good. Of course, the score works much better in the context of the film, but I do want to state for the record that I am NOT a musician. Musicians write their own music, play instruments, and sing. I do none of those things. Although I did write a song for the Sexual All-Stars called "Quadriplegic Blues" that I am promised will appear as a B-side on their forthcoming album. But for the most part, I have no musical inclination whatsoever.

Of course, that should be pretty obvious judging by what you're hearing right now.



The total running time is 79:56. I got a little carried away. But if you want an autographed copy, just let me know! I have plenty of these things sitting around...

I would really appreciate some comments from the two people who read my blog. It is really not much fun exposing your soul to a world of apathy. Just one "Dude, you suck" comment would really make my month.


- B


"If your desires are not extravagant, they will be granted."
- ancient Chinese fortune cookie

No comments: