Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Anatomy of a Bulldog Face

I have been doing this for years. It did not have an official name until sometime in 2005 when my friend Wash coined the phrase "bulldog face."

I would often do this in pictures. You see, I do not have the sunniest of dispositions. I also simply cannot smile upon command. When I try to, I look like I have what is commonly referred to as a "feces-eating grin." Seeing as how I do not eat feces, I need a reason to smile, be it a funny joke or genital manipulation. A forced smile often results in what is now known as the bulldog face, beautifully illustrated in the image above and in this movie:


The bulldog face is quite simply a universal acknowledgment of someone, whether they be friendly or unfriendly. The bulldog face can simultaneously be used as a creepy look given to a driver who just cut you off, or as a response to your significant other when they say "I love you." It is quite the versatile facial expression, and I highly recommend you all try it out sometime.

Click here to see more photos of the craze that is sweeping the nation. [MySpace]


- B


"Versatility is one of your outstanding traits."
- ancient Chinese fortune cookie

No comments: